- New Products
- Read 488 times
SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors in DO-214AB Package from Littelfuse Protect Low-Data-Rate Interfaces, Outdoor Data Interfaces
Pxxx0S3NLRP Series provides surface mount solution designed for compliance with global regulatory standards
Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, the global leader in circuit protection, has introduced a new series of SIDACtor® Protection Thyristors in DO-214AB (surface-mount) packages, designed to protect low-data-rate interfaces and outdoor data interfaces in general industrial applications. The Pxxx0S3NLRP Series provides robust surge protection performance at up to 2.5kA, while maintaining much lower switching threshold (VS) and on-state voltage (VT) than traditional protection solutions like Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) technology. They also offer crowbarring power fault protection superior to typical clamping devices.
Applications for the new SIDACtor Protection Thyristors in DO-214AB packages include protection for general industrial outdoor data interfaces, such as short loop interfaces (<10 m) located at base station sites, and low-data-rate interfaces such as RS-232 or RS-423.
“Series Pxxx0S3NLRP SIDACtor Protection Thyristors in DO-214AB packages provide a surface mount solution that allows equipment to comply with global regulatory standards,” said Jeff Chin, product line director for SIDACtor Protection Thyristors. “They combine stable electrical characteristics with faster response times than GDTs, metal-oxide varistors (MOVs), or TVS Diodes, for more effective circuit protection.”
Pxxx0S3NLRP Series SIDACtor Protection Thyristors in DO-214AB packages offer these key benefits:
• Robust surge protection performance at up to 2.5kA while maintaining much lower switching threshold (VS) and on-state voltage (VT) than traditional Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) technology
• Crowbarring power fault protection superior to typical clamping devices
• Component properties do not degrade after multiple surge events within the rated limits, extending equipment lifetime
• Certified, environmentally friendly and suitable for worldwide usage, to help line drivers comply with global standards
Pxxx0S3NLRP Series SIDACtor Protection Thyristors are provided in tape & reel format in quantities of 3,000. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
- Press Release
- Circuit Protection
- Consumer Electronics
- Instrumentation and Measurement
- Battery Safety: Do We Need New Regulations?
- Microsemi Announces Two New Versions of its High Power TVS Devices to Address Demanding Lightning Protection Requirements in Aircraft
- New Low-Power PIC24 “GA7” Microcontroller Family Now Available
- Molex CyClone Panel-to-Panel Connector System Rated for 10,000 Mating Cycles