- New Products
- Read 713 times
Next Generation Dual-Mode Bluetooth® Audio Products from Microchip
The IS206X Family of SoC Devices Delivers Superior Sound Quality in High-End Headsets, Speakers, and Sound Bars
Microchip Technology Inc. (NASDAQ: MCHP), a leading provider of microcontroller, mixed-signal, analog and Flash-IP solutions, today announces the next generation of dual-mode Bluetooth® audio products. The IS206X family builds on Microchip’s successful IS202X portfolio of highly integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices and modules by introducing Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) capability. Uniquely engineered for speakers, headsets and gaming headphones, this Flash-based platform offers ample flexibility and powerful design features, allowing audio manufacturers to easily incorporate wireless connectivity in streaming music and voice command applications.
A high-performance 32-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP) core provides the framework to develop sophisticated algorithms for advanced audio and voice processing. The 24-bit digital audio support delivers high-resolution audio to consumers for a richer listening experience. Sound systems comprised of multiple Bluetooth speakers benefit from ultra-low latency audio streaming, resulting in tightly synchronized audio playback amongst each speaker. Applications such as professional headsets benefit from high definition voice, achieved with a robust implementation of 16 kHz wideband voice with noise suppression and echo cancellation. The added firmware update capability allows for product software and configuration features enhancements over time.
Qualified for Bluetooth v4.2, the IS206X family supports Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) links and the standard audio profiles. The powerful combination of BLE and Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) enables smartphone-to-speaker communication via a mobile app. Customized apps enrich the consumer’s experience by providing creative control features such as pairing, remote control, and real-time audio effect adjustments.
“In addition to expecting high-quality sound, consumers are increasingly demanding a rich user experience that streamlines their communication and interaction with their audio equipment. Our IS206x family is designed to combine the convenience of wireless, portable speakers with a simplistic interface to easily connect and control multiple end devices,” said Steve Caldwell, vice president of Microchip’s Wireless Solutions Group.
The IS206X family is available in several offerings, allowing customers to tailor their wireless needs. For designs that require a turn-key solution for fast time-to-market, customers can take advantage of the chip’s powerful features by choosing a module configuration with either a Class 1 or a Class 2 device. All modules are fully certified with the following regulatory bodies: United States (FCC) and Canada (IC), European Economic Area (CE), Korea (KCC), Taiwan (NCC) and Japan (MIC).
To learn more about Microchip’s Bluetooth technology and products, visit:http://www.microchip.com/IS206X_Bluetooth2149
Microchip also introduced three Evaluation Boards for the IS206x family in order to enable easy development.The BM-62-EVB ($99.99), BM-63-EVB ($124.99), BM-64-EVB-C2 ($124.99), and BM-64-EVB-C1 ($124.99) are available today. To purchase the boards, visit microchipDIRECT or contact any of Microchip’s authorized worldwide distributors.
Pricing and Availability
The following devices are available in volume production with pricing in 10,000 unit quantities:
- IS2062GM, 7 x 7 LGA package, starting at $4.72 each
- IS2063GM, 8 x 8 LGA package, starting at $4.97 each
- IS2064GM, 8 x 8 LGA package, starting at $5.08 each
- BM62SPKA1MC2-0001AA, an unshielded, Class 2 module starting at $7.09 each.
- BM62SPKS1MC2-0001AA, a shielded, Class 2 module starting at $7.27 each
- BM63SPKA1MGA-0001AC, an unshielded, Class 2 module starting at $7.28 each
- BM64SPKA1MC2-0001AA, an unshielded, Class 2 module starting at $7.42 each
- BM64SPKS1MC2-0001AA, a shielded, Class 2 module starting at $7.65 each
- BM64SPKA1MC1-0001AA, an unshielded, Class 1 module starting at $9.50 each
- BM64SPKS1MC1-0001AA, a shielded, Class 1 module starting at $9.63 each
For additional information, contact any Microchip sales representative or authorized worldwide distributor, or visit Microchip’s Web site at http://www.microchip.com/IS206X_Bluetooth2149. To purchase products mentioned in this press release, go to microchipDIRECT (http://www.microchipdirect.com) or contact one of Microchip’s authorized distribution partners.
- RF and Microwave
- Audio Components
- Consumer Electronics
- Microcontrollers and Processors
- Battery Safety: Do We Need New Regulations?
- Maxim Announces Industry's First Remote Tuner Solution with Single Hardware Platform Supporting Worldwide Radio Standards for Automotive Applications
- New Low-Power PIC24 “GA7” Microcontroller Family Now Available
- Molex CyClone Panel-to-Panel Connector System Rated for 10,000 Mating Cycles